Detox can be a topic that means different things to people. For some it can be a process of taking supplements, certain diets, colonics and periods of fasting. All of these can be appropriate steps to take depending upon the individual; but what steps can we take in our daily life to naturally detox and keep our health and immune system optimal.
First as a review we detoxify primarily through our liver, colon and skin. The skin being the largest organ in our body. Did you also know that when breathing properly we also detoxify through our breath? These steps will focus on addressing these areas easily on a daily basis.
1. Incorporate a food daily that supports our liver. These include basil, parsley, lemon, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, garlic, turmeric, ginger, cumin and dandelion root to name a few. Curcumin which is a derivative of Turmeric has beneficial effects in protecting the kidneys against the toxic effects of fluoride and protects against the brain damaging effects of fluoride Sharma C, Suhalka P, Sukhwal P, Jaiswal N, Bhatnagar M. Curcumin attenuates neurotoxicity induced by fluoride:.https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/how-detox-fluoride#_ednref2
2. Eat a raw food with every meal. This gives us both the vitamins and nutrients we need but also provides fiber so that elimination through the colon is regular.
3. Eat fermented foods daily. Fermented foods such as sauerkraut. kimchi and kombucha are probiotic rich foods. This helps to balance our microbiome in our gut not only assisting with elimination but keeping the gut microbiome in balance.
4. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water a day. Drink minimal with meals. Staying hydrated is one of the best steps we can do for health immune and detoxification. Drinking minimally with meals allows for the proper secretion of digestive enzymes to promote absorption of nutrients and healthy digestion.
5. Lymphatic brushing (dry brushing). This increases exfoliation, stimulates lymphatic system increases energy, circulation and removes toxins
6. Sweat daily. The skin is our largest organ so sweating is one of the most beneficial ways to release toxins. So sweating through your favorite movement is best. You can also use Infrared Sauna which has not only the health benefit of sweating to detoxify but can also promote better sleep.
7. Good sleep. It is important to keep a regular sleep schedule. Getting 7-9 hours of sleep a night not only gives us physical rest but is the best way to detoxify the brain.
8. Lastly take the time to Breathe. Even just 5-10 minutes a day focusing on taking deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Feel how relaxed and how much better it makes you feel.
So as spring approaches remember to incorporate these simple steps to help you keep the best version of yourself.